It has been another very productive week at Editorial Creatives. We’re happy to welcome our new friends from WoMen’s Literary Cafe—a great community of female and male authors, reviewers, bloggers and editors. One of the most wonderful benefits that the 21st century has given individuals in the publishing, editorial and blogging world is the ability to connect with so many of our peers via the Internet.
We imagine your plates have been quite full with your week’s activities, too. So, we’re glad it’s Friday and the weekend is upon us. We’re excited to start with our weekend fun. We hope you’re all set, too!
Here are some of our picks of fun events in NYC:
Thursday, November 10 to Sunday, November 13, 2011
- 14th Annual Chocolate Show New York. Chocolate lovers, here’s another wonderful event for you. Enjoy tasty treats from over 65 chocolate purveyors and pastry chefs, and bring the little ones to the Kid Zone area for activities, just for them. Click here for more information, and buy your tickets here.
Saturday, November 12 to 13, 2011
- Quidditch World Cup. Calling all Harry Potter fans. Dress up as your favorite caped HP character, hop on your broomstick and make your way to Randall’s Island. Watch a Quidditch tournament where 100 teams and 2,000 athletes compete for one coveted cup. Click here for details on how you can get tickets.
- Shop at Nolita. If you’ve been meaning to shop for a new fall wardrobe, wait no more. Over 40 participating boutiques will be offering shoppers some discounts and complimentary goodies. Here’s a link, which will provide you with additional information.
Saturday, November 12, 2011
- Family Day at Citi Pond. Citi Pond at Bryant Park has been open for skating since October 27, 2011, and offers great events for skaters of all ages. Family Day means lots of fun-filled activities, plus free rentals for the first 100 kids starting at noon until 4 p.m. Check their site link for highlights.
On the radar:
Wednesday, November 16 to 17, 2011
- White Truffle Festival. Most folks are curious to sample some dishes made with white truffles. Buon Italia is hosting its yearly White Truffle Festival at Chelsea Market from 7 to 10 p.m. Click here for their menu and pricing.
Thursday, November, 17, 2011
- Food Trucks. Perhaps you’ve seen them parked along Manhattan’s busy streets. Maybe you’ve even eaten fare from one (or more) of them. Here’s your chance (last one for this series) to have complimentary lunch via MasterCard. Like their Facebook fan page and share it with your FB friends to get details on where the food trucks will be located on Thursday, the 17th.
Submit by Sunday, November 20, 2011
- Metro’s Global Photo Challenge. Are you a shutterbug? If so, here’s your chance to join fellow photographers of varying expertise and vie for the opportunity to win the Global Photo Challenge Photographer of 2011. So, go ahead snap those pictures of your favorite landmark, park, etc. Or, look through your own photo galleries, and check out Metro’s link for additional information on how you can enter. As they say, “You gotta be in it to win it.”